The Unifor Ford of Canada tentative agreement Bargaining Report is available at autotalks.ca/ford for members to download. We encourage all members to review this report. Gains obtained in our priority areas are summarized below.
- Base hourly wage increase of nearly 20% for production and more than 25% for trades over three-year deal
- General wage increases in each year of agreement including 10% in year one
- Reactivation of Cost of Living Allowance (COLA)
- Wage progression reduced from 8 to 4 years
- Temp worker + starting rate for production workers at nearly $30/hr
- $10,000 Productivity and Quality bonus for full-time employees, $4,000 for Temporary Part Time
- Improvements to all pension plans
- New Universal Health Care Allowance unique to Canadian retirees
SECURING OUR FUTURE
- Capacity additions to Essex Engine Plant
- Special EV Transition measures negotiated for Oakville members
- Two new paid holidays: Family Day; National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Major health benefit improvements for active members and retirees
- No concessions
As a union member, you are eligible to vote on the tentative settlement. Follow the instructions sent to you via email to cast your ballot.
Voting will close at 10:00 am ET on Sunday, September 24, 2023. Results will be made public Sunday, September 24, 2023, after the vote has closed.
Lana Payne, National President
John D’Agnolo, Ford Master Bargaining Chair
Marc Brennan, Ford Master Bargaining Vice-Chair